Wednesday 14 January 2009

Chennai Sangamam 2009

My Dad woke me up saying "we are going to the Chennai Sangamam fest at Venkatnarayana Road at 8pm, be ready" *information overload*.

After a while, I realized what he said but I still can't figure out why he said that at 9 in the morning. Anyways, when the clock struck 8, we were out of the house. We = Dad, Mom, Sister and I, my brother was supposed to meet us there, but he chickened out in the last minute saying he was too tired after work (seeing that his company has gone bust, saying that he had work was a bit fishy!).

I had no idea how it was going to be until I reached the spot. It was unbelievably crowded and the sights, sounds, smell and the food were awesome. Such a wide variety of folklore in our state. The people who were performing looked happy. I'm not sure if they thought the turnout would be this big.

I managed to take some photos, but most are shaky and it was on my sister's phone.


No comments: