Wednesday 1 July 2009

When do they transform?

This is not the first day I have been woken up by my angry shouting Dad. I'm sure every one of us, irrespective of what we do and who we are, have gone through that agonosing feeling of being woken up by an angry, grumpy man.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad. I strongly believe that there are fewer people who can be more helpful than he is, but there's also the Grumpy side to him. The side that translates every little thing into a loud and annoying scolding session.

Not just my dad, I'm sure almost all dads fit that description. But what is it that transforms a youngster, happily married (if that's even possible) into that ugh-I-can't-stand-in-a-room-with-this-man kinda person? Onset of kids? Rough day at work? Bad cooking by wife? Or is it some reason that my mind can not fathom?

Whatever said and done, I really hope people don't lose their temper at the drop of a hat and for once, just imagine how they'd like to be on the receiving end. When decibels rise, it only causes stress, not only to the person, but also to that harmless cat sleeping away in the corner.

No comments: