Wednesday 5 September 2007

My Fav Teacher!

Yup. It's that time of the year when you get sentimental about your teachers. That one person who's seen through your naughtiness and mischievious stuff that you did back in School. Even without you realising she/he might have known the real you. That superficial reason as to what it takes from you to actually do something that you did and the pleasure you derive from it. It's amazing how they can see so many students doing stuff under their noses and still manage to keep their temper under control. There may have been stray incidents, but considering the amount of trauma and turmoil these teachers undergo, phew, its a tough Job.

And that one person who's seen the Evolving me for a period of not less than Five years, from 6th till my 10th, is Madame. That's how I still call her. She used to teach me French. I wouldn't exaggerate and say she's the best teacher in the whole wide world and all. She's a very good teacher. When it comes to language, it goes beyond just the books to get the message through, and she was pretty good at it. She patiently teaches even the most stubborn student.

So here's to you Madame. Here's to one of the most Influential persons in my life. I've seen beyond your scoldings and teachings to learn something from the person you are, and I'm happy to say I've learnt quite a lot. The person I was when you saw me leave school has gone kapoot. I've changed loads, and I just hope you change your opinion about me. I'm not boasting, I've managed to surprise quite a few of my classmates. I've always admired you, your patience and your perseverance and I've learnt much from you. And I can assure you that you will live in my heart forever. You've been kind to me, been a very good friend to me while at school, known me personally, taken me for who I am and taught me a lot.

Life has wierd ways of teaching you lessons. You meet various people and learn stuff from the people who you least expect to learn from. It's really surprising when someone takes so much care and shows affection towards you. It was very comforting to be at the receiving end of Madame's affection. It didn't mean much to me those days, but come to think of it, she's been able to reach out to me, and that's saying a lot. I have loads of happy memories of her and some memories where she spent whole periods scolding me alone in front of the whole class. It used to be very embarrassing. But it was very plain that she didn't wna do it, she used to do that just because she wanted me to be embarrassed and it was a very fine plan indeed.

She loves being a teacher. The passion she shows towards her job is so very obvious and its wonderful to see someone caring so much about her students. Even these days, when its been close to 4 years since we left her at school, she still remembers each and every one of us and she cares so much for us. That's very very rare and extremely adorable.

Thank you Madame. Here's wishing you a Very Happy Teacher's Day. And a sorry for all the troubles I've given you at school. It was not intentional. Thank you for being there for me when my friends chose to ignore me. Thank You very much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. wat to say? she is the best...and i hope she still knows how much we love and respect her.

Rakesh said...

ur friends chose to ignore u??? NOW I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABT TAT!!

Karthik.H said...

@SD

yeah...i hope so too.. :)

@rakesh

er...not here...in class...the remindings the me...

mahimsm said...

BEAUTIFUL! Isnt it beauty when one genuienly expresses whats in ones heart...I LOVE IT!
PS- You made my eyes moist that too when i was in graphic design class...you owe me one for it :-)

Sriram said...

she was awesome wasn't she...i'm so glad she was our class teacher for 4 years...you know whenever i think of our class she;s there in my mind along wid all the other guys...she was such an integral part of our class and i'm sure everyone's still missing her...

Karthik.H said...

@Mahima

Lol...didn't expect it to have that much effect. Romba build up kodukaathey... :P

@gs

as you rightly said, image of X D is incomplete without Madame in it...

Unknown said...

Orey tuching tuchings of India da on blog..But nice one there..Kudos to ur 'madame'.
N whoa!..wats with the frens ignoring u part?..I need updates on that fr sure!...

Karthik.H said...

@supermur

The thank you...i will tell you somewhere else dude...can't here...the phree..